Upgrading Embedded WLC

In a Cisco Embedded Wireless Controller network, there are four ways in which the software image can be downloaded from the embedded wireless controller. These methods are based on the location from where the controller transfers the software image to the subordinate AP: From an external TFTP server From an external SFTP server From the…

Embedded WLC

I was working on Cisco’s 9115AXi-E Embedded WLC this morning. Its an amazing product. In less than 5 mins i was able to setup my Wireless network. We can configure WLC using Option 1:- CLI Option 2:- WebGui Option 3:- Mobile APP. I did my deployment using Mobile APP and i share the details of…

9200 upgrading in Install Mode.

Always Follow your version release guide.The below screenshots are from Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam 17.3.x release guide. The sample output in this section displays upgrade from Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam 17.2.1 to Cisco IOS XE Amsterdam 17.3.1 using install commands only.

Bridge Domain Interface

For platforms running IOS-XE This concept is very similar to BVI . Below are some of the common terminologies used : Bridge domain represents a Layer 2 broadcast domain. Bridge domain interface is a logical interface that allows bidirectional flow of traffic between a Layer-2 bridged network and a Layer-3 routed network. Ethernet Virtual Circuit (EVC) is an…

Install Verse Bundle Mode

Last week I was on a Greenfield deployment of 9300/9200 switches. While stacking I received “incompatible Chassis” message. Show Switch shows current state as “v-mismatch” Even though all switches where on the same version I was unable to stack due to V-Missmatch. Finally I found an interesting thing on my switch stack. Two switches where…

Insufficient license Warnings

I used to get calls from my customer saying that they see insufficient license warnings when login to CUCM. 90 % of the cases reported where due to the OWNER configuration . Remaining 10% are due to other reasons. With Pandemic many customer started creating Jabber profiles without choosing proper Owner filed which cause the…

Change ANI to Last/First redirect – SNR

When placing a PSTN call, if you send calling information other than your DID block. Most ISP drop the call or translate this to your DID pilot number. They does this for Billing Purpose. For such scenario instead of using Originator we need to use Last redirecting information. My previous blog was about how to…

Forwarding to PSTN Fails when some one calls from Outside

Many customer requested call forwarding to mobile during the pandemic. Even with proper forwarding CSS, One common issue which almost all customer reported was that call forwarding to mobiles/landline gets failed when some one call from outside. But for an inside call it works. Root Cause. When placing a PSTN call, if you send calling…

Floppy Disk using Mac/Linux

We all know Touchless UC installation require floppy disk. Using MAC/Linux, floppy disk can be natively created without a need of any third party applications. note:- To know more about touchless UC installations refer Call Manger Touchless VM Installation Create a folder containing the contents of the floppy disk you are about to create. For…